Today we’re putting the spotlight on various uses for aloe vera. The talents of this wonder plant extend far beyond soothing sunburns! Keep reading to get better acquainted with nature’s most versatile plant and learn how it can improve your quality of life!
Applying Aloe Topically: Let Your Skin Lead The Way
Aloe vera is nature’s best moisturizer, making it ideal to use in your daily skin and hair care routines.
- Haircare: The vitamins in aloe vera make it a wonderful haircare product. Apply it to your hair and scalp to help relieve dryness, strengthen strands, reduce dandruff, unblock hair follicles, and promote growth.
- Skincare: Daily use keeps skin radiant and supple by penetrating deep beneath the surface. Its antifungal, antimicrobial, and antiseptic properties make it a natural treatment option for acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Nail Cuticle Care: Constant exposure to water, soaps, chemicals, and general wear and tear can leave cuticles dry and brittle. Daily massage with a soothing coat of aloe will help keep skin hydrated.
- Shaving: Why not substitute your shaving cream or gel with aloe? It provides just the right amount of slip, reducing the likelihood of razor bumps and scrapes. Plus, it helps to hydrate your skin as you go!
- Eyebrow Waxing: If you love the look of freshly waxed brows but hate the painful process, make sure you have your aloe handy! Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, you can quickly soothe your skin at the point of contact.
- Foot Treatment: Are your feet tired and covered in rough skin? Grab a pumice stone and aloe and treat your feet to an invigorating and exfoliating scrub!
- Sun Exposure: Nothing soothes overexposed summer skin better than aloe. The key properties work quickly to restore moisture, relieve redness, and initiate healing. You can even keep in the fridge for an extra cooling effect.
Our topical 99% Aloe Vera Gelly is your key to keeping your skin hydrated, healthy and happy. It can penetrate a minimum of 3 epidermal layers giving you maximum hydration.
Internal Support: Where Aloe Can Have A Dramatic Impact
While its topical benefits are more well-known, Aloe vera can make the most dramatic impact on your daily health when you drink it daily.
- Nutrient Absorption: Our bodies depend on the nutrition they receive from foods and supplements. Drinking 2 ounces of Lily of the Desert’s aloe with Aloesorb™ helps boost the bioavailability of nutrients in your daily supplements to help maximize their benefits to you.
- Digestion: Normal digestion can be compromised when the stomach becomes overly acidic. You can help ease your digestion by drinking aloe before meals. Our Aloe Herbal Stomach Formula contains key, trusted herbs combined with our organic aloe to help naturally balance stomach acid and soothe occasional stomach indigestion. It’s even available in handy, on-the-go stomach shots.
- Immunity: The key to keeping your immune system healthy is to start with having a healthy gut. You can help your immune system work efficiently by drinking four ounces of aloe juice daily. Our juice has been clinically proven to increase white blood cells, the body’s natural defense against germs and infection. It’s super easy to add our aloe juice to your favorite smoothie or juice recipe, or you can check out our blog for super delicious options.
How Can I Find Lily of The Desert Products?
With so many uses, why not stock up on your favorite Lily products or try something new? You can easily find them at major grocers and health food stores. Use our store locator to find a nearby retailer, or enjoy the convenience of online shopping at Amazon, Vitacost, and Swanson’s Vitamins.
Join the Lily community today by following us on Facebook and Instagram! You can share feedback, ask questions, check out our health tips and recipes, and find the latest product news. See you online!