Now that winter is in full swing, freezing temperatures and snow are blanketing much of the country. In addition to keeping safe and warm, make sure you give your body the nutritional support it needs this time of year.
Many foods contain essential vitamins but may be in short supply during the colder months. Supplementation is often a better approach to ensure you enjoy consistent benefits. Here are five winter warriors that can make the chills and stresses easier to manage!
Keeping Your Immune System “Warm”
- Vitamin D: Often referred to as the “sunshine vitamin,” Vitamin D is naturally produced when human skin is exposed to the sun. Unfortunately, during the winter months, this can be a tall order. Extended hours spent indoors and wearing heavy clothing limit sun exposure, leading to deficiency. Immune, bone, and muscle health can all be attributed to Vitamin D.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B is a group of eight vitamins typically referred to as Vitamin B-Complex. The group includes B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B5 (Pantothenic Acid), B6 (Pyridoxine), B7 (Biotin), B9 (Folate), and B12 (Cobalamin). This impressive team of immunity builders and stress fighters come together to provide serious benefits. Cell renewal, improved mood, increased energy, and cardiovascular health is also linked to Vitamin B.
- Vitamin C: A hard-working antioxidant, Vitamin C is famous for its anti-viral and immunity-boosting properties. By improving blood flow and helping to regulate body temperature, it also works to keep the body warm. Increasing Vitamin C intake at the beginning of the season can help moderate cold and flu symptoms.
- Vitamin A: One of the key benefits of Vitamin A is maintaining vision health. It works to reduce eye inflammation and help you see better in low light conditions. It also supports the immune system’s protective lining, collagen production, and promotes healthy skin.
Reaping The Benefits With Aloe
- Aloe Vera: The digestive system ensures that nutrients are appropriately absorbed into the bloodstream so the body can utilize them. Unfortunately, the value of vitamins and supplements can be lost if they are flushed from the system before the body can access them.
To promote better digestion and successful nutrient absorption, add aloe vera juice to your daily routine. Our aloe vera has been clinically studied and proven to increase the absorption and bio-availability of vitamins and supplements. Lily’s polysaccharide-rich formula maximizes nutrient effectiveness levels allowing your body to receive the ultimate benefit.
To support overall winter wellness, we recommend our herbal detox. This formula is safe enough for daily use, combining the power of aloe and herbs to reduce harmful toxins, support digestion, regularity, and increase nutrient absorption. It also supports healthy liver, gallbladder, and urinary tract function.
And don’t forget the importance of hydration during cold weather! To give your water bottle or thermos a boost, add a packet of EcoDrink Naturals. These delicious drink mixes are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to keep you energized and hydrated.
Where Can I Find Lily of The Desert Products?
Lily of The Desert is your source for winter wellness solutions! Check out our convenient store locator to find a nearby retailer, or stay in where it’s warm and shop online at Amazon, Vitacost, and Swanson’s Vitamins.
Are you following us on Facebook and Instagram? Join the conversation by leaving a comment or asking a question! You can also learn more about our special promotions and the latest product news. We look forward to connecting with you soon!