There are dozens of lesser-known reasons to love aloe vera, and today we’re spreading the word by sharing some of them with you. Best kept secrets are typically reserved for a select few, but something this important shouldn’t be kept under wraps! Here are some great uses for aloe that may have been under your radar!
Promoting Better Nutrition
- Natural Nutrition Enhancer: Aloe juice creates a healthy digestive environment and sets the stage for bioavailability. This allows your body to readily absorb nutrients from foods and supplements (we recommend taking your supplements with aloe juice!).
- Provides An Alkaline Boost: The human body performs its best when it’s in an
Alkaline state. Consistent aloe juice intake can help you maintain an alkaline pH and avoid the issues caused when the pH becomes too acidic.
When most people reach for an aloe product, they’re looking for a moisturizer or first-aid treatment. But there are other ways aloe can help you maintain healthy skin.
- Anti-Aging: Aloe contains sterols, which can help promote the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid. These natural ingredients are known to help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sun: Aloe’s therapeutic activity is supported by naturally occurring antioxidants and vitamins which can help neutralize UV rays and promote a healthy skin appearance.
- Helps With Constipation: Regular bowel movements are essential to overall health. Daily use of aloe vera juice can aid in constipation by promoting regularity and providing the support your body needs to keep things moving!
- Soothes Occasional Heartburn: A variety of factors can cause the stomach to produce higher levels of acid, including certain foods, stress, and eating too close to bedtime. Aloe vera juice can help calm the digestive tract and help naturally balance stomach acid.
Beauty & Cosmetic Solutions
Aloe vera gelly deserves a special spot on your bathroom counter! Here are a few self-care uses you might not have considered.
- Post-Waxing Treatment: Waxing services can be a painful shock to your skin, leaving it red and irritated. Use aloe gel to soothe, minimize redness and irritation, and encourage a healthy appearance.
- Makeup Primer: Applying a small amount of aloe gelly before your foundation can help hydrate your skin, setting the stage for a flawless look.
- Intense Hair Repair: Deep condition your hair by treating it to a DIY hair mask made with aloe gelly. Aloe’s vitamins, minerals, and revitalizing properties will leave your hair and scalp feeling good and looking great.
Helping with Inflammation
Studies have shown that inflammation is at the root of many problems we experience, including occasional muscle and joint discomfort, fatigue, digestive issues, and skin conditions (e.g., eczema, psoriasis).
Aloe vera is naturally anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative, thanks to the presence of plant-derived polyphenols. Consuming aloe juice daily and applying aloe gel as needed can help you safely manage inflammation.
The Secret Is Out!
The versatility of Lily of the Desert products is unrivaled! Whether you’re using them topically or internally, you can’t find another organic aloe vera product line that guarantees the seed-to-seal quality that Lily provides. They’re available at most major grocers and health food stores. Use our convenient store locator to find a nearby retailer, or shop online at Amazon, Vitacost, and Swanson’s Vitamins.
We’re waiting for you on Facebook and Instagram! Stop by and check out our latest promotions, wellness tips, and product news. You can engage with the Lily team by posting your comments and questions; we look forward to connecting with you online!