With the Summer heat now behind us, crisp Fall weather is a welcome change. But even though temperatures are dropping, seasonal allergies are on the rise. And let’s not forget that the cold and flu season is just a few weeks away.
This is the perfect time to take steps to protect yourself from allergens, germs, and viruses by strengthening your immune system. In our newest recipe, the warm autumn flavors of apple and ginger come together with our organic aloe juice to create a delicious mocktail designed to boost immunity and keep allergies in check!
Natural Immunity Boosting Ingredients
- Apple: The old “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” adage may be well founded. The significant amount of antioxidants, phytochemicals, and vitamin C found in apples (especially when you leave the skin on) help support the immune system and regulate inflammatory responses. Apples also contain quercetin, an antioxidant credited with reducing allergic rhinitis (aka hay fever) and asthma symptoms.
- Ginger: This popular seasoning, known for its distinctive spicy flavor, provides several health benefits. The root’s primary ingredient, gingerol, is a powerful antioxidant with antimicrobial and antifungal properties that enhance immunity. And ginger also contains natural antihistamine, anti-oxidative, and anti-inflammatory abilities that qualify it as an excellent natural allergy remedy.
- Aloe: This recipe features our Inner Filet Aloe Juice, made from the interior of our organically grown aloe plants. Clinically proven as a superior immune system builder, Lily aloe juices boost white blood cells and reduce toxins. Consistent use naturally builds immunity to better protect you from germs and illness.
Here’s Our Mocktail Recipe:
- 4 oz. Inner Filet Aloe Vera Juice
- One apple, chopped
- 4 oz. lemon juice
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, sliced
- Simple syrup
- Club soda
Have These Items Handy:
- Cocktail mixing glass (or a mason jar)
- Muddler (or the handle of a wooden spoon)
- 2 Cocktail Glasses (e.g., Highball)
Creating Your Mocktail:
- Add the apple, ginger, lemon juice, Inner Fillet Aloe Vera Juice, and simple syrup to the cocktail mixing glass and muddle well.
- Fill two glasses with ice and strain the apple mixture into the glasses.
- Top off the rest of the glasses with club soda.
- Garnish with apple slices and a dusting of cinnamon.
Now sit back, relax, and enjoy this delicious drink while your immune system recharges!
Be Proactive With Lily!
Airborne and surface germs and allergens are in the environment year-round! That’s why fortifying your immune system is so important. Give yourself an advantage by using our aloe juice daily! You’ll find Lily products at most major grocers and health food stores. You can use our handy store locator to find a nearby retailer. And don’t forget our huge in-store sale happening now through October 31st!
Thanks for engaging with us on social media! We love reading your posts on Facebook and Instagram. As you know, our digital door is always open! And if you haven’t heard, now you have the option to get wellness sent directly to your inbox! You’ll be the first to know about our new blogs, company updates, product releases, and more. Just head over to the website to subscribe. Happy Fall!