It’s the sweetest time of the year with Valentine’s Day right around the corner. And so many of us want to be able to indulge in the variety of goodies from our loved ones but not take a hit to our health. Luckily, you can make everyone’s favorite valentine’s treat, chocolate covered strawberries, with a healthier option in Tropical Plantation Organic Coconut Oil.
Helpful Tips to Get Started
- Choose the most red strawberries you can find with bright green leaves
- Pick a quality chocolate that has a higher ratio of cocoa butter to cocoa, at least 54% cacao, in order for it to melt smoothly.
- Select a coconut oil that is virgin and unrefined to ensure that you get all the benefits of the coconut, and full of healthy MCT’s. Tropical Planation Coconut Oil is USDA organic, made in the USA, always fresh, cold pressed and chemical free. The coconut oil helps the chocolate harden faster and smoother.
How to Make the Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 2 lbs. of Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon of Tropical Plantation Coconut Oil
- 10 oz. of Chocolate
- Wash and dry the strawberries until they are very dry
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a double boiler or in the microwave
- Holding a strawberry by the stem, dip into the strawberries one by one into the melted chocolate, lift and twist slightly, allowing any excess to fall into the bowl
- Place the dipped strawberry on the parchment paper
- Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Chill the strawberries until the chocolate sets, about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy and Share with Your Loved Ones!