If you’ve been following our blog for a while, you know we love sharing recipes! Well, today we’ve got something special for you. Gummies are all the rage, having become a popular delivery option for vitamins and supplements.
Unlike many commercially available brands that may contain artificial sweeteners or dyes, here’s a version that features our aloe juice and other healthy ingredients. These gummies are a naturally delicious way to help support your gut health.
- Papaya Juice: This tropically refreshing beverage is loaded with health benefits. Papayas contain papain, an enzyme that promotes digestion. Vitamin and mineral-rich papaya juice (it’s high in Vitamins A, C, beta-carotene, and folate) also supports immunity, improves vision, helps reduce inflammation, and improves bone strength.
- Beef Gelatin: The primary ingredient in beef gelatin is collagen. This essential protein is the primary component in all connective tissue throughout the body. Collagen supports healthy hair, skin, bones, and joints. Beef gelatin promotes digestion by helping break down foods and coating the small intestine.
- Aloe Vera Juice: We’ve included Lily’s organic whole leaf aloe juice in this recipe because it maximizes the wellness benefits aloe is known for; digestive support, immunity-boosting, toxin reduction, and nutrient absorption.
- Honey: This nectar is so much more than a delicious sweetener; honey contains multiple beneficial properties. It’s rich in antioxidants that fight off free-radical damage, helps minimize cold symptoms, and contains prebiotics that support gut health.
Here’s Our Easy Recipe
- 2/3 Cup Papaya Juice
- 6 Tablespoons of Powdered Beef Gelatin
- 1/4 Cup Aloe Vera Juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey for Sweetness (Optional)
Here Are The Items You’ll Need
- Wire Whisk
- Candy Mold or Ice Cube Tray
Directions For Creating Your Gummies
- Pour the papaya juice and honey into the saucepan and whisk them together
- Add the gelatin powder and whisk to ensure it is incorporated into the liquid
(any dry gelatin will burn!)
- Cook the mixture over low heat until the gelatin is completely dissolved (do not
- Continue to whisk the mixture during cooking; the consistency will thicken
- Remove from the heat and add the aloe juice in evenly as it slightly cools
- Pour the mixture carefully into the mold or tray
- Let the gummies cool completely by placing them into the freezer
- Wait 10-15 minutes, remove from the molds, and enjoy!!
Note: Be sure to refrigerate gummies in an airtight container. They can last for up to two weeks.
Creating Balance With Lily!
Taking a natural approach when it comes to wellness is a wise choice. Lily of The Desert products offer various options that help you create a healthy and balanced lifestyle. You can find them at most major grocers and health food stores. Use our handy store locator to find a local retailer or enjoy home delivery by shopping online at Amazon, Vitacost, and Swanson’s Vitamins.
We love interacting with you on our Facebook and Instagram pages, and we welcome your feedback! Stop by for a virtual visit today and check out our wellness tips, promotions, and product news!