Can you believe it? Halloween is just around the corner! The Lily team has decided to get creative with a new culinary concoction in honor of the season. While the holiday is known for its sugary treats and indulgent goodies, we’ve got a spine-tingling surprise for you: delicious and nutritious – our Spooky Berry Smoothie Bowl!
This ghoulishly delightful breakfast treat or party dish screams Halloween and packs a nutritional punch. It’s loaded with superfoods, including our own Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice. Keep reading for all the spooky details!
Let’s uncover the health benefits of the key ingredients that make this treat both delicious and healthy:
- Blueberries: These tiny, dark blue gems are packed with antioxidants that help combat oxidative stress and inflammation. They also support brain health and may boost memory.
- Bananas: This family favorite is rich in potassium and fiber, which aids in maintaining healthy blood pressure and supports digestion. They also provide a natural sweetness to the smoothie.
- Spinach: This hydrating leafy green is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Spinach is packed with iron and calcium that can help you fight anemia and osteoporosis.
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is loaded with probiotics, which promote a healthy gut microbiome and support digestion. It’s also a fantastic source of protein and calcium. And it creates a smooth texture in our recipe!
- Kiwi: First commercially grown in New Zealand (the seeds originated in China), this fuzzy fruit is bursting with vitamin C and fiber, which is vital for immune system support and maintaining a healthy gut.
- Chia Seeds: Native to Mexico and Guatemala, these tiny seeds are a fantastic source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. They help keep you feeling full and satisfied while promoting heart health.
- Unsweetened Coconut: Coconut adds a delightful tropical flavor and a touch of healthy fats to the mix. It also contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) that can boost energy and support weight management.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Last but not least, aloe vera juice is a nutritional powerhouse that does wonders for your health. It’s rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it the ideal addition to our Halloween treat. Our organic Whole Leaf Aloe Juice supports a healthy immune and digestive system – crucial for staying healthy, especially during this scary season!
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Measuring cup
- Sandwich bag
- Straw or knife
- Serving Bowl
- Toy spiders or edible eyeballs
Our Easy Recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 4 tbsp Aloe Vera
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Toy spiders or eyeballs for decorating
Are You Ready To Get Spooky?
- Combine the frozen blueberries, banana, maple syrup, fresh spinach leaves, 2 cups of Greek yogurt, and Lily of The Desert’s Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. The mixture should be thicker than a regular smoothie so it can support the toppings.
- Next, create the spider web. Place the remaining Greek yogurt in the plastic bag. Cut a small piece from the corner of the bag. In the middle of the smoothie bowl, make a small circle with the yogurt. Make three more circles around the first circle.
- Using a sharp knife (or a straw), draw lines from the smallest circle outward to create a scary web pattern.
- Once the web is set, it’s time to add your toppings! Decorate the top of the smoothie with the kiwi slices, shredded coconut, chia seeds, and fresh berries. Don’t forget the spiders and eyeballs!
- Your Spooktacular Berry Smoothie Bowl is ready to serve and enjoy!
Don’t Fear: Lily Is Here!
This Halloween, you don’t have to let your healthy eating habits vanish like ghosts in the night. Whip up this fun recipe and treat yourself to a nutritious, delicious, and frightfully fun culinary experience. Are you running low on aloe vera juice? No worries! Head to www.lilyofthedesert.com or visit one of our online retail partners, including Amazon.
We hope you’re enjoying our information-packed newsletter. If we’re not visiting your inbox each month, visit our Contact Us page to subscribe.
We can’t wait to get your feedback on the new recipe! We know your family and guests are going to love it. Please share your comments and pics (we want to see those costumes, too!) on our Facebook or Instagram pages. Don’t forget to tag @lilyofthedesert on your posts! Happy Halloween!