As the lyrics of the Christmas classic say, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year”! That’s especially true if you love holiday desserts! We’ve decided to reinvent an old favorite and give it a healthy twist.
Perfect for holiday gatherings (or as a special treat for yourself!), our Healthy Holiday Fudge promises to be a crowd-pleaser. So, grab your apron, and let’s get ready to add some tropical flair to this festive tradition!
- Cocoa Powder: Chocolate lovers rejoice; cocoa is good for you! Naturally rich in polyphenols (a type of antioxidant), cocoa powder may help lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and improve mood. To maximize the benefits, choose a variety that contains at least 70% cocoa.
- Raw Honey: This beloved nectar has some surprising abilities in its natural form (straight from the beehive!). In addition to sugar, raw honey is high in antioxidants and contains vitamins and minerals. It’s also anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, making it a popular ingredient in cough remedies.
- Vanilla Extract: Here’s an ingredient that doesn’t get much attention from a health benefits perspective! But research shows that this treasured spice may have additional talents in addition to tasting (and smelling!) fabulous. Natural vanilla has demonstrated calming, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is truly versatile, whether you’re using it in the kitchen or as part of your self-care routine. Our Tropical Plantation Coconut Oil is packed with healthy MCTs that boost energy and support weight management.
You’ll Need A Few Things
- Mixing bowl
- 9 x 5 baking pan
- Stand or hand mixer
- Measuring cup
- Plastic wrap
Here’s The Easy Recipe
- 1 cup Tropical Plantation Coconut Oil
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Raw Honey (substitute with maple syrup or stevia if preferred)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2-4 drops of peppermint essential oil (optional)
Let’s Make Some Holiday Magic!
- Measure 1 cup of the coconut oil and place it in the mixing bowl. Whip the coconut oil with a stand or hand mixer until the consistency is light and fluffy. Note: If your coconut oil is at room temperature and is already liquid, you can go straight to step 2.
- Combine the coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt. Mix well and slowly add honey or the sweetener of your choice. It’s a good idea to “taste as you go” to make sure you don’t over-sweeten the fudge!
- For peppermint fudge, add in 2 drops of peppermint essential oil and mix well.
- Now pour the fudge into the pan. Spread the fudge evenly with the spatula.
- Cover the pan with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator until the fudge is set and hard, about 4 hours.
- Cut fudge into small squares and serve.
And there you have it! You’ve just created a delicious masterpiece that’s as healthy as it is decadent.
The Countdown Is On!
With less than two weeks left until Christmas, are you scrambling for gifts? Why not give the thoughtful gift of wellness this year? Shop online from our amazing family of products at lilyofthedesert.com or with one of our virtual retail partners, including Amazon.
Join Our Festive Circle Online
Are you a member of our virtual community? If you haven’t subscribed to our newsletter yet, it’s an easy fix. Just visit our Contact Us page to sign up, and we’ll start visiting your inbox monthly with the latest Lily news, promotions, and updates.
We’ll be on Facebook and Instagram with bells on this season and we hope you’ll join us! We can’t wait to hear how you enjoy the fudge recipe. And don’t forget the pictures! Be sure to tag @lilyofthedesert on your posts. Happy Holidays!