As we prepare to welcome the winter holidays, you can feel the excitement in the air! The Thanksgiving meal is undoubtedly the most important event of the season, especially if you’ll be entertaining friends and family. And if you’re like most home cooks, you’ve been planning your menu for weeks.
Today we’re going to share our favorite preparation and wellness tips for the big day, along with a unique recipe perfect for your holiday celebration!
There are several things you can get squared away before everyone gathers for the big meal. Some cooks like to prepare as many dishes in advance as possible, while others enjoy the hustle and bustle of getting started Thursday morning. Here are some tips to help you make sure everything goes according to plan!
- Print Your Menu: If you haven’t done it already, print your menu and hang it on the refrigerator door; this is a great way to ensure everything makes it to the table.
- Clear Out The Refrigerator: Clear out any leftovers or extra containers that take up valuable space you’ll need throughout the day.
- Get Your Turkey In The Oven Early: The bird is the star of the show, so get it in the oven first thing. Depending on the size of your turkey (and whether it’s stuffed), you’re looking at 3 – 4 hours of cook time. Also, allow adequate time for the bird to rest after roasting.
- Add Salads & Cold Sides: Save room in the oven by including salads and chilled side dishes on your menu. Salads can be quickly assembled Thursday morning and dressed right before serving.
- Time Your Heated Sides: Popular side dishes like sweet potatoes and casseroles can go in the oven in the early afternoon. Roast vegetables an hour before meal time.
- Make It Festive: Whether you’re having a formal meal in your dining room or a casual get-together at the kitchen table or on the patio, create a seasonal and festive table to set the mood.
A Deliciously Different Dessert
If your dessert course includes the traditional pumpkin or sweet potato pie, how about adding something for chocolate lovers? This easy no-bake fudge recipe has just three ingredients and features coconut oil. An excellent substitute for butter and other oils, our Tropical Plantation organic virgin coconut oil is the perfect addition to this decadent treat!
You’ve planned a delicious menu that everyone is eagerly anticipating. Maximize your nutritional benefits by taking four ounces of our whole leaf aloe vera juice daily. Our organic juice promotes nutrient absorption so your body can access the vitamins and minerals found in food.
And we know that after preparing a wonderful meal, it can be tempting to overindulge in all that homemade goodness! Do your body a favor by supporting it with Lily’s Stomach Formula. It’s a blend of trusted herbs and aloe vera designed to balance stomach acid and promote overall healthy digestion before and after eating.
We’re Thankful For You!
As we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving, the Lily team would like to thank you for making us a part of your wellness strategy. We’re proud of our family of products and are grateful to have you as a customer.
We continue to strive to make purchasing our products convenient for you. Please use our handy store locator to find a nearby grocer or health food store. You can also find Lily online at our website or by visiting one of our retail partners, including Amazon, Vitacost, and Swanson’s Vitamins.
Join Our Newsletter
Let us bring the world of Lily right to your inbox! Save 10% off your first order when you sign up for our Lily of the Desert newsletter. You’ll be among the first to know about our latest blog posts, company updates, product releases, and more. You can find the sign-up section at the bottom of our Contact Us page.