Now that the Fall season is in full swing, let’s take a break from all things pumpkin spice and try something new! Thanks to this month’s delicious mocktail recipe, your immune system will enjoy a serious boost! This sparkler is full of flavor (thanks to the ginger!) and is a great way to help your body prepare for the transition to colder weather.
- Orange: For this recipe, you’ll use the zest of the orange and the juice. We know that oranges are loaded with vitamin C, but many people aren’t aware that the zest of the orange (aka the peel) also contains nutrients. Orange peels contain vitamin A, folate, riboflavin, calcium, and vitamin B6. Always wash oranges before slicing, peeling, or zesting.
- Cranberry Juice: A popular remedy for preventing urinary tract infections, pure cranberry juice offers a variety of wellness benefits. This tart juice is a good source of vitamins C and E, is rich in antioxidants, and supports heart and digestive health.
- Ginger Beer: Not to be confused with ginger ale, this fermented non-alcoholic beverage originated in England a couple of centuries ago and has become increasingly popular worldwide. Known for its spicy and robust flavor, ginger beer can help relieve nausea, improve digestion, and has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aloe Juice: Lily’s preservative-free whole leaf aloe juice is the perfect addition to this recipe. Our organic formula, infused with nutrient-rich Aloesorb, has been clinically proven to support immunity by stimulating the production of white blood cells.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Zester (you can also use a fine cheese grater or a serrated knife)
- Cocktail Glasses
- Measuring cup
- Chilled Juices and Ginger Beer
- 1 Orange
- 1 Cup of Unsweetened 100% Cranberry Juice (NOT Cranberry Juice Cocktail)
- 1 Cup of Ginger beer
- ½ Cup of orange juice
- 4 ounces of Aloe juice
- 2 Tablespoons of Granulated Sugar or Stevia
- 1 Teaspoon of orange zest
- Fresh (or Frozen) Cranberries (not dried)
Let’s Make Some Mocktails!
- We’ll start by making the orange sugar. Using a small plate, mix the sugar and the orange zest and set aside (you’ll be rimming the glasses with this mixture!)
- Slice the orange. Use the orange to wet the rim of each glass.
- Place the glasses on the plate of sugar and coat the rims.
- Juice the rest of the orange.
- Combine the orange juice, aloe juice, cranberry juice, and ginger beer, and stir well.
- Pour into sugared glasses and garnish with cranberries.
This festive and healthy mocktail is ideal for serving at your fall gatherings; enjoy!!
Better Immunity Starts With Lily
When we transition between seasons, our immune systems can experience challenges. Make sure you give your body the support it needs with daily use of our aloe juice. Finding our products is easy! You can use our convenient store locator to find a nearby grocer or health food store that features Lily.
Send Some Wellness to Your Inbox
Have you signed up for our newsletter yet? We bring the wonderful world of Lily right to your inbox! You’ll be the first to know about our new blogs, company updates, product releases, and more. Look for the sign-up section at the bottom of our Contact Us page.