If you’ve looked at the national weather map lately, you know that summer is in full effect across the U.S. And with triple-digit temperatures in the forecast for the next several weeks, taking care of your skin is more important than ever.
The sun’s rays are relentless whether you’re by the pool, on the court, at your favorite amusement park, or working in the yard. And after spending several hours in the scorching heat, your skin needs quick relief. What better remedy for sun-parched skin than an icy popsicle?
Today’s unique skincare solution immediately cools, soothes, and moisturizes dry and sun-kissed skin. Made with our 99% Gelly and hydrating cucumber, this popsicle recipe delivers a refreshing and cooling treatment that will leave your skin feeling renewed and protected.
Now keep in mind…these popsicles are not for eating! Summer skin requires special care, and our DIY aloe pops are the ideal topical treat!
Three Powerful Ingredients
By combining these winning ingredients, we’ve created a popsicle that’s perfect for soothing your skin from fun in the sun!
- Fresh Cucumber: This popular vegetable isn’t just for salads! They actually have several wellness properties that you might not be familiar with. Cucumbers are 96% water, making them an excellent irritant-free source of hydration. They contain vitamins A, B, and C, as well as various minerals. And their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help reduce swelling and irritation while cooling and rejuvenating your skin after sun exposure
- Lavender Oil: Famous for its intoxicatingly calming fragrance, lavender oil is also gifted with skin benefits. A proven antifungal and anti-inflammatory, it reduces pain, promotes healing, and relieves dryness.
- Lily’s 99% Aloe Gelly: This luxurious gel is a summer skin-saver! Our organic Aloe Gelly works deeply to alleviate dryness by penetrating at least three epidermal layers. It instantly cools and revitalizes irritated skin. Safe and gentle
enough for the whole family, it makes an excellent addition to your daily skincare routine.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1/4 of a fresh Cucumber
- Mixing Bowl
- Popsicle Molds
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Lily Of The Desert 99% Gelly (16 oz.)
Recipe Directions – Let’s Make Some Popsicles!
- Dice the cucumber
- Place three parts of the 99% Gelly and one part of the water in the mixing bowl
- Add 10-20 drops of lavender oil and mix well
- Stir in the diced cucumber
- Fill the popsicle molds with the mixture
- Place in the freezer until set
Using Your DIY Popsicles
Once your popsicles are frozen, they’re ready to use. Simply remove a popsicle from the mold and rub it on your skin. As your skin recovers, relax and revel in this refreshing and fragrant skincare treatment!
Spending The Summer With Lily!
You can count on Lily Of The Desert products to provide the nourishment, hydration, and protection you need to contend with the summer heat! They’re easy to find at most major grocers and health food stores. Use our handy store locator to select a retailer in your area, or beat the heat by shopping online at Amazon, Vitacost, and Swanson’s Vitamins.
We so enjoy connecting with you on social media! If you aren’t following us on Facebook and Instagram yet…please do! Be sure to check out our wellness tips and product updates. And feel free to submit your questions and comments. See you online and Happy Summer!