Believe it or not, it’s been nearly fifty years since the introduction of the humble-looking granola bar! Over time, they’ve understandably grown in popularity thanks to their healthy image, flavor profiles, and eat-on-the-go convenience. Granola bars definitely own a huge slice of the snack industry pie, but why settle for a mass-produced variety (packed with sugars, carbs, and chemicals) when you can easily create your own?
Our newest recipe features a delicious no-bake version using our Tropical Plantation Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. This bar is loaded with wonderful (and healthy!) ingredients so yummy you’ll never want to eat a store-bought bar again! Let’s find out what makes our bar so craveable!
Our Wholesome Ingredients
- Peanut Butter: Besides infusing these bars with a healthy dose of plant-based protein, peanut butter adds a rich and creamy texture. Peanut butter also provides healthy fats and essential nutrients like vitamin E, magnesium, and iron. This combination helps you feel full, promotes heart health, and stabilizes blood sugar levels.
- Honey: What’s a granola bar without a little sweetness? We’ve added honey, not only for its delightful flavor but for its natural antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- Rolled Oats: Rolled oats help you feel full while adding structure and texture to these granola bars. Known for supporting cardiovascular health, oats are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- Shredded Coconut: We thought our bars could use another textural element, so we added some deliciously chewy shredded coconut. It boosts the tropical flavor while adding additional fiber and essential minerals, including manganese and copper.
- Mini Chocolate Chips (optional): To take these bars over the top, we added the unexpected flavor of dark chocolate! It’s actually good for you and contains antioxidants that can improve heart health and mood and enhance cognitive function. If you’re not into chocolate (is that even possible?), consider adding golden raisins or dried cranberries!
- Tropical Plantation Coconut Oil: The star of this recipe is our organic virgin coconut oil. In addition to its unique tropical flavor, it offers several health benefits. Coconut oil is extremely versatile whether you use it in the kitchen or for your favorite self-care treatments.
It’s ideal for frying and sautéing thanks to a high smoke point. And it adds a decadent flavor to baked goods without adding the calories and cholesterol found in butter. Loaded with healthy MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides), coconut oil is absorbed quickly and provides the body with a quick energy source. It also supports brain function, promotes heart health, and aids digestion.
And after enjoying a decadent dessert, why not treat your hair and skin to coconut oil’s moisture-building benefits? Its emollient properties soothe, hydrate, and protect, leaving skin smooth and hair revitalized.
The Easy Recipe
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Tropical Plantation Coconut Oil
- 2 ½ cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- ¼ cup Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
Tools & Supplies
- Medium-sized Sauce Pan
- Parchment Paper or Non-Stick Aluminum Foil
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9” x 13” Baking Dish
- Wax Paper or Plastic Wrap
Bring On The Granola Bars!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, and Tropical Plantation Coconut Oil. Stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Add the rolled oats and shredded coconut to the bowl and mix until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Add mini chocolate chips (or dried fruit) to the mixture and gently fold them in if desired.
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined baking dish or a pan and press it down firmly to create an even layer.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Once firm, remove from the refrigerator and cut into 15 equal-sized bars.
- Store the granola bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator to retain freshness. Use wax paper to separate the layers or wrap them individually in plastic wrap.
- Enjoy and share with a friend!
Summertime Snacking With Lily
These No-Bake Granola Bars are a fantastic way to enjoy a healthy and satisfying snack. Packed with nutrients, they’re the perfect grab-and-go treat. Don’t forget to add Tropical Plantation Coconut Oil to your shopping list. It’s available at local grocery and health food stores or lilyofthedesert.com.