If you’re like most people, contending with stressful situations has become a routine part of life. Managing hectic schedules, demanding careers, and a variety of personal and family obligations can quickly lead to anxiety and exhaustion.
Our bodies are equipped with a pair of triangular glands designed to help us keep our stress levels in check. The adrenal glands are tiny (but mighty!) and located directly above each kidney. These glands release essential hormones, including cortisol and adrenaline, that manage the stress response. Unfortunately, consistently high levels of stress can compromise adrenal efficiency.
Keep reading and check out our latest smoothie recipe, specifically created to give your adrenal glands the vital support they need!
Simply Amazing Ingredients
This easy recipe only contains three ingredients, but each one is packed with adrenal-boosting properties!
- Aloe Vera Juice: Aloe’s proven anti-inflammatory properties make it the perfect foundation for this recipe. Unchecked inflammation can cause many problems and make it hard for your adrenal glands to do their job. Regular use of Lily’s organic aloe also promotes bioavailability, optimizing the nutrition you receive from your food and supplements.
- Sea Salt: The adrenals also secrete aldosterone, a hormone that regulates the sodium and water levels throughout the body. When the glands are overtaxed, and hormone production is compromised, conditions known as adrenal fatigue or adrenal insufficiency can result.
An aldosterone imbalance can create a sodium deficiency. Just a small quantity of sea salt will help the body keep the sodium balanced to effectively regulate your blood pressure and water levels.
- Orange: When the body is exposed to constant stress, vitamin C levels can be significantly depleted. We’ve included orange juice in this recipe to help replenish this essential vitamin. And vitamin C further supports the adrenals by promoting cortisol production.
Here’s The Recipe!
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup aloe vera juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup ice
Ready, Set, Blend!
- Combine the orange juice, aloe vera juice, and sea salt in a blender.
- Add the ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass. Garnish with an orange slice and mint leaves if desired.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy! Even if you’re not a fan of the taste of Aloe juice, you’ll like this recipe. The orange juice delivers that sweet citrus flavor that’s so refreshing and simply delicious! It’s definitely a tasty and nutritious way to give your adrenal glands a boost. This may become your new favorite and would be a great addition to your weekend brunch menu!
We Make Finding Lily Products Easy!
We think you’re going to love this new smoothie recipe, and we can’t wait to read your reviews. Don’t forget to post your comments and photos on your social media pages and tag us at @lilyofthedesert. And be sure to stay connected with us on Facebook and Instagram!!