From supporting good digestion to soothing irritated skin, aloe is best known for its natural internal and external benefits! But did you know it’s also a frontrunner in sustainable farming practices in the natural products field? Follow along as we delve into aloe’s eco-friendly nature!
Naturally Regenerative Aloe Fields
In most cases, crops are harvested at the end of the plant’s lifecycle. A zucchini, for example, must be planted, grown, harvested, and then replanted with a new seed to start all over again. This repeated process over a large scale can cause harmful environmental damage and negatively impact the soil and climate.
Aloe vera is a special exception! Grown in the heartland of Texas and the fertile soil of Mexico, our aloe fields are maintained by the talented hands of our harvesters. By expertly slicing the large, outer layers of aloe leaves one-by-one, the base is left to continue growing its younger leaves until they’re harvested again at full maturity.
This regenerative cycle allows us to keep the same aloe plants alive and healthy, while still retaining the quality that nature created!
Aloe’s Environmental Footprint
Technically classified as a type of succulent, the aloe plant is naturally resilient to tough conditions with very little water or land space. This drought-resistant quality makes its water footprint relatively low, as it does not require the same amount of water as other harvested crops.
Aloe vera’s natural sustainability also allows us to greatly reduce waste and carbon emissions by omitting the recurring seeding process until absolutely necessary. Instead, the small offshoots of the original aloe, called pups, are replanted in order to create new plants.
Not to mention our certified organic aloe fields are completely free from chemicals and pesticides!
Organically-Grown & Independently Certified
From field to bottle, our aloe is grown on organic farms and processed in our own facilities in Mercedes, Texas. Each product proudly undergoes strenuous certification testing and third-party clinical studies to ensure the best quality for you and your family to enjoy.
These special certifications include the following:
- EcoCert: Our strict farming standards are certified, monitored, and audited by EcoCert. This unique method of organic farming retains nature’s purity and makes certain that all leaves selected for processing are of the utmost quality.
- IASC: Most Lily of the Desert brand aloe vera products sold in natural and health food stores are certified by the International Aloe Science Council (IASC) for purity and content, ensuring the products contain quality, certified aloe.
- OneCert: Lily of the Desert’s state-of-the-art processing plant and laboratories are certified organic by OneCert in accordance with the USDA Certified National Organic Program.
- USDA: Several of Lily of the Desert products are preservative-free and processed in accordance with the USDA Certified National Organic Program.
- Pareve: Most of Lily of the Desert products are certified Kosher Pareve by the standards set by Kehilla Kosher.
Real Aloe. Real Results.
At Lily of the Desert, your health and wellbeing is our #1 priority… and that includes our relationship to the planet! To learn more about our sustainable farming practices, browse our website or contact us with your questions. We’re happy to connect with you!
Ready to experience the wonderful benefits of aloe vera for yourself? With just a single dose per day, you can enjoy increased nutrient absorption, immune support, improved digestion, and much more! Just visit your local health retailer or shop online to get started.