As we prepare to celebrate Mother’s Day, are you still searching for the perfect gift idea? Well, before you decide on a bottle of perfume, treating mom to a mani-pedi, or a new piece of jewelry, why not surprise her with a gift with her health in mind? How about preparing a special Mother’s Day brunch that features our deliciously healthy Vegan Pancakes recipe?
By now, you may be thinking, “Vegan pancakes? Is that even possible?” Absolutely! Try these light and fluffy pancakes to help mom avoid the health concerns associated with milk, butter, and eggs. Besides being impressed with your culinary skills, we think she’ll quickly add them to her list of favorites!
What Makes Our Vegan Pancakes So Healthy?
By substituting coconut oil for butter, these pancakes feature a subtle tropical flavor and multiple health benefits! Unlike butter, a tablespoon of coconut oil is free of cholesterol and sodium. It is high in MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides), which encourage fat-burning and weight loss by increasing metabolism. MCTs are also energy-creating and can help fuel working muscles.
This versatile oil is also antimicrobial, displaying both antiviral and antifungal properties. Thanks to a high smoke point, it’s a chef’s dream and is ideal for frying and sautéing foods. And bakers love it because it creates a lighter texture in baked goods.
Vegan Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Vegetable or coconut oil for frying
- Maple syrup
- Fresh fruit (optional)
Let’s Get Cooking!
- If your coconut oil has solidified, heat it up quickly in the microwave so it’s easier to mix into the batter!
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add almond milk and coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Measure ¼ cup of the batter and pour it into the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, and flip when you see bubbles forming around the edges of the pancakes. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more on the opposite side until golden. (If making a large batch, preheat your oven to 200° and place prepared pancakes on a baking sheet to keep them warm.)
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup and your favorite toppings.
These pancakes are the perfect “star” of an elegant brunch menu and can be paired with fresh melon, vegan quiche, chilled juices, and ripe berries. And for a little extra sparkle, serve mom one of our famous mocktails!
The Gift of Lily
So whether you’re celebrating your mom, the mother of your children, or another special mom in your life, you can make their day extra special by gifting Lily of The Desert products!
Lily products, from our refreshing juices and gels to our soothing topicals, deliver the gift of good health. Find a local health food store or grocer who carries Lily, or shop online with one of our great retail partners, including Amazon!
You don’t have to worry about FOMO when you subscribe to our newsletter! Be the first to know about new products, company news, blog posts, and more. Head to the Contact Us page and look for the sign-up section at the bottom.
Did you know you can find us on Facebook and Instagram? We love social media and the opportunity to connect with you! We can’t wait to see those brunch photos, so don’t forget to tag @lilyofthedesert on your posts! Happy Mother’s Day!