Who’s ready to go green with their smoothie?! It’s that time of year to celebrate all things green, and that definitely includes aloe vera! And this “Lucky You” green smoothie recipe delivers a real boost of essential nutrients and vitamins with fresh ingredients like spinach, pineapple, mango and banana. It will be the perfect way to start you day on the right foot, especially when you add the aloe.
Let’s Start With the Aloe
Aloe vera has been called the original superfood containing over 200 naturally-active compounds like vitamins, minerals, enzymes and polysaccharides that work symbiotically together to deliver so many amazing health benefits like helping to:
- Boost your immune health
- Balance your digestion
- Increase your nutrient absorption
- Detoxify your body
- Enhance your antioxidant support
Seems like adding our clinically proven aloe to your smoothie covers a lot of “good for you” health benefits. And with these delicious ingredients, it is easy to add aloe to your daily health regimen.
So, let’s get to other ingredients you will need to round out our “Lucky You” Green Smoothie.
Additional Helpful Ingredients
Spinach, another superfood, is loaded with essential vitamins and is an excellent source of iron that supports your body’s energy (Popeye was on to something!). It’s also rich in magnesium to keep your body calm and zinc to help keep your immune system fine-tuned.
Mango is an excellent source of Vitamin C, which our aloe is proven to maximize absorption levels, that supports the iron from the spinach in this recipe. It is also rich in magnesium and can support immune and digestive health.
Pineapple rounds out the Vitamin C boosted ingredients in this recipe to help support your immune system, but it is also known to support digestion with its digestive enzymes as well.
“Lucky You” Green Aloe Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Cup of Fresh Spinach
- Frozen Pineapple (Measure with your heart)
- Frozen Mango (Measure with your heart)
- 1 Fresh Banana
- 2 oz of Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Juice
- ½ cup Water
- Orange Juice/Almond Milk instead of water
- Kale or Chard for more leafy greens
- Protein powder or collagen
- Dates for extra sweetness
- In a blender, add in fresh spinach, aloe and water and blend well until no chunks remain.
- Add fruit to the mixture. Frozen fruit helps the smoothie to be smooth and chilled.
- Optional add-ins like powders go in last.
- Blend on high until mixture looks joined.
Where to Find Our Aloe Vera Products!
We can be conveniently found in about 99% of health food stores and most conventional retailers. Use our convenient store locator to find a nearby grocer or health food store that features Lily products. Or visit our website or one of our online retail partners including Amazon.
We hope you give this recipe a try and then share it on your social media! Tag @lilyofthedesert when you share please so we can like it! Don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook and Instagram!!