All of us could use a boost to our immune systems right now and with this simple and delicious smoothie recipe, Lily of the Desert can help. Each valuable ingredient helps to give your body the proper nutrients and minerals it needs to function optimally.
Here’s what you’ll need:
· 1 Peeled Orange
· 1 Peeled Large Carrot
· 1 Peeled Banana
· ½ Peeled Lemon
· 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
· ½ Cup Chopped Pineapple
· 1 Inch Slice Ginger
· ¼ Teaspoon Turmeric
· ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
· ⅛ Teaspoon Ground Pepper (optional)
· 2 Tablespoons Whole Leaf Aloe Juice
If you aren’t able to find these ingredients fresh, you can always use their frozen substitute. Missing something from the list? Throw in your favorite fruits or veggies and experiment with your own taste by following the instructions below. Feel free to add ice too, if you like.
How To Make:
1. Peel and cut the pineapple, banana, orange, and carrot into small pieces.
2. Slice the ginger and lemon.
3. Place your fruits, carrot, and ginger into the blender.
4. Add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric, cinnamon and ⅛ teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
5. Pour 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk into the blender.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of Lily’s Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice to the mix for added nutrient absorption.
7. Blend for a couple of minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Health Benefits of Lily’s Immune-Boosting Smoothie:
Not only does this smoothie taste great, but it helps us feel great, too.
Oranges and lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C to help naturally strengthen your immune system. Bananas also contain vitamin C, along with potassium and magnesium. Almond milk provides micronutrients like zinc, iron, and calcium.
Carrots are rich in the antioxidants that combat free radicals in the body. Likewise, pineapple does the same to enhance immunity, help lower inflammation, and encourage antioxidants to bolster the body against toxins.
Finally, ginger and turmeric contain many health benefits, including lowering blood sugar, increasing digestive support, and reducing inflammation. Cinnamon is also anti-inflammatory and helps the black pepper fight against potential toxins and help to prevent bacterial growth in the intestinal tract.
The Benefits of Adding Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Juice To Your Smoothie:
Aloe Vera is a versatile plant with several health benefits. Adding our aloe juice to your smoothies can help support healthy digestion, increase absorption of nutrients, and balance stomach acidity naturally. By helping to support the antioxidants in your system, you can more easily and efficiently reduce high levels of toxins in the body. Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Juice has been clinically proven to increase white blood cells that can help support your immune system!
See where to find Lily of the Desert’s Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice here.